Irrigation water is provided by 2 manifolds – 1 on the north side of the street and 1 on the south side. Each lot connects to the manifold for their sprinkler systems. The only meters are at 23800 and 23801 and measure total manifold usage per month.
Here’s how the HOA is billed for irrigation water:
- Average Irrigation by Lot = total of irrigation meters divided by the number of lots using sprinkler water.
- Levied Irrigation by Lot = Average Irrigation by Lot + that lot’s domestic (metered) water usage for the month.
- Levied Irrigation by Lot is billed at a base rate of $5.82 per 1,000 gallons up to 40,000 gallons per lot.
- If Levied Irrigation by Lot exceeds 40,000 gallons for the month, the amount over 40,000 gallons is billed at the higher rate of $6.88 per 1000 gallons.
- Meter readings for July show 245,000 gallons of irrigation water used.
- Lots using irrigation = 7
- Average irrigation / lot = 35,000 gallons
- Levied Irrigation Calclulations
- Lot 55A = 35K + 3K = 38K – Billed 35K * base rate
- Lot 55B = 35K + 2K = 37K – Billed 35K * base rate
- Lot 56 = 35K + 7K = 42K – Billed 33K * base rate + 2 * increased rate
- Lot 57 = 35K + 2K = 37K – Billed 35K * base rate
- Lot 68 = 35K + 10K = 45K – Billed 25K * base rate + 10 * increased rate
- Lot 67 = 35K + 1K = 36K – Billed 35K * base rate
- Lot 66 = 35K + 5K = 40K – Billed 35K * base rate